Strawberry Protein Galette
Perfect for sharing at a summer garden party, this strawberry galette is healthy and nutritious, and still so delicious!
Ready in 45 minutes, plus 1 hour chill time.
- 250g self raising flour
- 50g Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 150g unsalted butter, from the fridge, cubed
- 25ml cold water
- 300g strawberries
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 25g flaked almonds (optional)
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Fresh mint springs, for decoration
- Add the flour, protein powder and cubed butter to a bowl. Use your fingers to rub the butter and flour mixture together to form a fine crumb, then bring together to form a dough, adding the cold water to help.
- Wrap in clingfilm and place into the fridge for 1 hour.
- For the filling, hull the strawberries and cut into quarters. Add to a bowl with the sugar and stir through.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c. Place a large sheet of parchment onto a work surface, then roll the dough out until about 5 mm thick. Place the filling on top, leaving a 3cm border, then fold the edges inwards, on top of the filling.
- Brush the pastry with the beaten egg. (Optional) sprinkle the flaked almonds over the pastry.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden. Serve with mint leaves scattered over, ice cream or yoghurt.