Chocolate & Strawberry French Toast
What's better than French toast? Chocolate protein toast! Try this healthy protein packed spin on a breakfast classic.
Ready in 20 minutes
- 150ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 80g strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the milk, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder and nutritional yeast until smooth.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Soak the first slice in the batter, covering each side, then place in the hot pan. Fry for 3-4 minutes before flipping and frying for a further 1-2 minutes. Repeat with the second slice.
- Stack the slices on a serving plate, then top with strawberries and drizzle with maple syrup.