Not just your ordinary scones - high-protein scones with a summery twist.
Ready in 45 minutes
- 180g self raising flour
- 50g Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 120g greek yogurt
- 50g honey (or maple syrup)
- 30g unsalted butter, cold
- 50ml milk of choice, plus 1 tbsp for brushing
- 100g icing sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- To a bowl, add the self raising flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt, poppy seeds and lemon zest, then stir to combine.
- Make a well in the middle, add the yogurt and honey. Finely grate in the butter (this will make it easier to bring together) followed by the milk. Start to bring the mixture together with a fork, then use your hands to form a rough dough.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment. Place the dough in the centre and using your hands, create a 1inch thick disc shape. Cut into 8 wedges, then brush the top with rest of the milk.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
- If using, mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice, then drizzle over the warm scones.