Lemon and Blueberry Protein Pancakes
These blueberry & lemon protein pancakes make the best weekend breakfast, super easy to make and guaranteed to impress.
Dry Pancake Ingredients
- 170g Self raising flour
- 30g Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Lemons, zest of
Wet Pancake Ingredients
- 265ml Unsweetened dairy free milk
- 1 Lemon, juice of
- 80g Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- Nut butter
- Lemon zest
- Fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup
- Hemp seeds
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and combine together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir lightly to create a pancake batter (you are aiming for a thick yet spoonable batter than you can pour). Leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat with a little coconut oil.
- Using an ice cream scoop (or similar), add a spoonful of batter to the centre of the pan, cooking one pancake at a time (use the back of the scoop to spread out the batter and shape into a disc). You are aiming to get 8 pancakes out of the batter.
- Cook for 1 – 2 minutes on each side until golden (you will know when they are cooked as you’ll start to see bubbles forming on the top of the batter).
- Stack the pancakes onto a plate as you cook them and cover to keep warm.
- Once the pancakes are all cooked, stack 4 pancakes on a plate and serve topped with all the toppings.