Gaz Oakley of Avant-Garde Vegan has graced us with these indulgent blueberry muffins; packed with protein and vegan too!
- 1 Over-ripe Banana
- 375ml Non-Dairy Milk
- 115g Vegan Margarine, melted
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 120g Self Raising Flour
- 100g Ground Oats
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 100g Coconut Sugar
- 4 scoops Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
- 70g Blueberries
- 4 tbsp Whole Oats
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees C & line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Mash the banana in a mixing bowl, then add the rest of the wet ingredients & mix well.
- Sieve in the flour, then fold in the oats, baking powder, almonds, coconut sugar & protein powder. Lightly mix in the blueberries reserving a few for topping the muffins.
- Spoon 2-3 large spoonfuls of the muffin mix into each muffin case, then sprinkle over some whole oats, a little coconut sugar & a couple of blueberries.
- Bake the muffins in your oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 20 minutes before eating. The muffins will last up to 4 days in your refrigerator.