Who said children's snacks can't be fun and healthy?
Get creative with vegan gingerbread cookies this Christmas season and see how much fun baking at home (nutritionally) can be.
- Dairy Free, Vegan
- Prep time: 1 hour
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 20 cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the flaxseed meal and warm water together until combined to a thick paste and set aside
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the flour, Kids Good Stuff, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, baking soda and salt
- Stir the flax mixture again, and add almond butter, molasses, coconut oil and coconut sugar. Whisk until smooth
- Add the dry mixture and stir to combine. Knead the dough once it is thick, forming a thick disc, wrap in cling wrap and chill in fridge for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line large baking tray with baking paper
- Remove dough from fridge, place between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll the dough until it is ½ cm thick
- Use the gingerbread man cookie cutter and place shapes carefully on baking tray
- Bake for 10 minutes or until starting to brown, remove then let sit for 10 minutes
- Transfer to a wire cooking rack
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.