375g gluten-free plain flour (xanthan-gum free)
75g (or 6 scoops) of Nuzest Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
250ml olive oil
3 eggs, beaten (room temperature)
2 eggs - whites only
2 tsp coarse sea salt
1 to 2 tbsp dried herbs of choice, e.g rosemary, oregano, thyme
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- In a bowl mix the flour, Clean Lean Protein, sea salt and baking powder, set aside.
- Mix the oil, egg and herbs until combined.
- Fold in the beaten egg white.
- Gradually add the flour and beat until just combined. The mixture should look like a pile of crumbs. Scoop out handfuls and knead together in small amounts before kneading the whole lot together. (NB: taste to check salt and herb levels and add more if necessary.)
- Roll/press the mixture out on a floured surface to your desired thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut shapes out of the rolled dough and transfer them to a lined baking tray. Place in the freezer for 10 mins before baking.
- Bake 10-12 mins, keeping an eye on them around the 9-10 minute mark to make sure that they don’t brown too much.