3 min read
3 High-Protein Festive Treats
CHOC ALMOND PROTEIN FUDGE
- 1 cup of almond butter
- 1/3 of a cup of melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of melted cacao butter
- ¼ cup Nuzest Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/3 cup of flaked almonds to top
- Melt coconut oil and cacao butter.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl- aside from the flaked almonds.
- Mix until evenly combined.
- Pour into a lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Place into the fridge to set overnight.
- Once set Slice and enjoy.
CHRISTMAS PUDDING PROTEIN BARK
- 1 serve (25g) Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped mixed dried fruits: cranberries, figs, pear, dates
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds/pistachios
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- 2 tsp maple syrup/brown rice syrup
- Pinch of cardamom
- 1 tsp extra vanilla extract (optional)
- Line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Slowly melt the coconut oil on a very low heat until transparent liquid, but not bubbling.
- Once melted whisk in your choice of syrup, protein, spices, and extra vanilla extract if desired.
- Slowly pour the mixture onto the baking paper lined tray.
- Scatter the fruit and nuts as evenly as possible.
- Let set in the fridge for an hour then break into rough pieces.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
FESTIVE PROTEIN GRANOLA
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of puffed quinoa
- 3 scoops of Clean Lean Protein Chai, Turmeric + Maca Protein Powder
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 mashed banana
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup coconut chips
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup dried apple pieces
- ¼ cup sultanas
- 4 strawberries cut into quarters
- Handful of blueberries
- 1 serving of coconut yoghurt
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- Melt coconut oil.
- Using a hand blender, blend until smooth coconut oil, maple syrup and banana.
- In a bowl place the oats, protein powder, seeds, quinoa and nuts. Pour over the banana, oil and maple mixture. Stir until combined.
- Line a sheet pan with baking paper. Spread mixture across pan.
- Cook in a pre-heated 160-degree oven for 15mins.
- Remove from oven, use a spoon to ‘turn’ the mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake for a for a further 10 mins.
- Leave to cool on tray until firmed and ‘crispy’.
- Stir through the dried fruit and coconut.
- To serve place ½ cup of fresh granola into a bowl. Top with a dollop of fresh coconut yoghurt, berries and almond milk. Enjoy straight away.